Monday, January 11, 2010

A New Adventure

Let's see.

Up to now:  2-day work week. 4-day weekend. (Plus 1 day off in between the 2 work days.)

Starting today:  6-day work week. 1-day weekend.

Should be interesting.

The Visitors' Bureau has invited me to take the place of their part-time employee while she recovers from hip surgery, and I jumped at the chance. The good news is that I'll be working part-time on three of the days and a full day only on one. It's also only temporary, while Lynda is on sick leave. The two days at ECCO will continue as usual.

Upon moving to the mountains almost 20 years ago, I worked five hours a day for California Builders Supply, and it was ideal. Mornings would be spent writing, afternoons working at CBS, and this continued for some nine years. During that time my partners and I published 14 "confession" stories, and I drafted a historical novel. We wrote a number of items that were never sold. Fairly productive.

I see this opportunity as a similar situation. Life for me works better when I have to abide by a strict schedule, and hopefully this will alleviate those long, long days frittered away.

Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. And here I am enjoying not having to be anywhere or do anything... at least for the near future. Other than picking up Stasia at 3:00 PM and "nannying" her till Jenia comes home at 8:00 PM, my day is to myself. Of course, I am beginning to miss teaching a bit. However, I can probably do something about that once I get my own place and get settled. Have fun working.

    ReplyDelete