Sunday, January 17, 2010

Almost At A Crossroads of Sorts

Hello, World!

It's getting close to the time the brand-spanking-new website will be revealed. It's been quite a learning experience, experimenting with themes, widgets, FTP protocols, domain hosting and all that stuff I swore I'd never learn. But I love it, after all.

It's got a ways to go, and the target date is still February 1, although the switchover may well happen before that date at the rate we're progressing. The thing is, although the blog will always be a work-in-progress, I want it to be as close to my ideal as I can make it at this point--and I keep finding pages to add or delete, widgets to tweak, modifications to make. Of course, when it goes public, your comments will be taken very seriously, as to what you like and what you'd prefer to see changed.

To say the least I'm excited about the new look and the new possibilities. It'll be much more user-friendly, and you'll be able to easily find entries on subjects of interest as well as following along with each day's posting as usual.

We are getting close to the end of the story on Khyber Dreams, with probably 5 more chapters to go. As Elnora has always urged, I've just "slammed it down" with very little editing. When it's all over, I'm going to give it its very own page on the new website. If all goes as planned, I'll do some serious editing to make the story flow better, expanding details where I can, and have it posted so that anyone foolish enough to want to read it cover-to-cover can do so.

I've set a personal goal of a post a day for the month of January, and so far that goal has been met. As I spend time developing the new website, there's a possibility of a missed day or two. It makes me upset when one of my preferred bloggers doesn't post, so I'm just tellin' ya it's temporary. Especially once the new site goes public, I'm gonna go for it big-time.

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Judi,
    This isn't the first time you've inspired me, but I've just read ALL of the comments to your blog since the beginning and reread several entries. Never really realized I could see other people's comments - I feel a little like a Peeping Betty. For years people have tried to get me to write about my family, etc. but I never really got into it. Maybe I should take you as an example, but I have NO idea how to start. When you have time and if you're willing, how 'bout an e-mail on the mechanics???? Can't imagine who would really want to read it, but there are some pretty unique members of my family and even more so amongst my friends. Keep sharing yourself with all of us who love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete