Thursday, December 31, 2009

Khyber Dreams Chapter 10: Feeling Better

What a miracle!

A day after I collapsed in a heap, barely able to move, I was feeling remarkably better.

I got up and had breakfast with the family, although I limited myself to the blandest of foods:  a little egg, a little chappati. Although I thought the worst was over, there was no way I was going to take any chances that there would be a relapse. Besides, I still felt weak. Whatever stamina I'd possessed before falling ill had departed for parts unknown.

We'd begun to make plans for our travels to other parts of Pakistan to see Abid's sisters who lived in the provinces:

We also planned to visit Abid's auntie in Rawalpindi.

I dearly hoped that my bout with the flu had ended so that I could enjoy seeing these historic places and getting to meet the rest of Abid's family.

No comments:

Post a Comment