Monday, December 7, 2009

What I'm Thankful For Today

.
 
Today is the first day of winter for the Sierra Nevada foothills--according to Creator, if not according to the calendar, and I'm happy that I don't have to get out and drive in the promised rain and snow.

Up to this point, here in the wilds of Yosemite Lakes Park, it looks like we've had just a touch of rain. Nothing to write home about. But the weatherpeople promise that the best (worst?) is yet to come. There's been talk of snow down to 1,000 ft, which would mean us. But that seems to have changed now, and the snow level has risen to 2,500 ft at some time within the next 24 hours.

We can only wait and watch.

In the meantime, I can look forward to spending the day at home catching up on blog entries. I confess that over the past couple of years I've become a Winter Wimp, and the thought of driving in snow just doesn't appeal to me--although I'll never lose the love of having actual SEASONS. And I treasure the sight of snow-covered pines against the bright blue sky sure to follow a storm.

Hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment