Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas for Cats: The Sequel


When we last left Grey Eagle, the nearly-20-year-old cat who rules my residence, he had just become the proud owner of an automatic feeder.

Unfortunately I purchased this item just one day before leaving for Southern California to spend Christmas with my children. I wasn't sure how this new gadget was going to please His Royal Highness and was quite nervous about having to leave him for six days under those circumstances.


As is quite obvious from the photos, the guy is long, lean, lanky and, well, skinny, so he can't afford to miss a meal.


I'm pleased to be able to report that the feeder was a HUGE success.

Each of the five sections was empty, except for one--and there was no more than a teaspoon of chow left in it. My detective skills tell me that the section with the slight remainder was the first one that he would have encountered, and I think he was still getting used to the apparatus at that point. Obviously the feeder opened each day exactly as scheduled, and just as clearly Grey Eagle discovered that it was Manna from Heaven.

That didn't keep him from giving me hell, upon my return, however. He let me know, in no uncertain terms, that he didn't appreciate being left alone for such a long time. He managed to almost forgive me when I turned on the heater, so he was able to assume his favorite position once again . . . where he remains some three hours later, as I write this post.





No comments:

Post a Comment