Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Excuse Me . . .

I wish, I really wish, I could blame the travesty you're about to read and see on my son-in-law. After all, it's a typical "boy thing," and I was sure that Jason was giving Hunter an "all-American" education. I even called Farida to make sure I was giving credit where credit was due.

Good thing I did, too, because I wasn't.

I have been told that these attributes, which include the action in the photo below, as well as teaching my grandson to politely say, "excuse me, I have rectal flatulence" when he accidentally (or not) lets loose with a butt duck can be blamed squarely on his Aunt Nasreen. 
Farida assures me that all the cute and nefarious things her son comes up are due to his aunt's influence. Nas is so proud of Hunter's ability to learn and correctly pronounce words beyond his age level that she delights in teaching him the finer points of the English language.

Unfortunately the fact that he can pronounce the words doesn't mean that he knows quite the appropriate time to use them. On one occasion, when "excuse me" would have been most appropriate, he got the "excuse me" exactly right and then, much to our chagrin, added clearly and distinctly "I have rectal flatulence" because he thought he'd learned that those words always followed that phrase.

Maybe that's why after Hunter was born, Nas's nickname became "Snappy," which is what we all call her today, for her snappy wit and imagination.

I love you, Snappy!

Photo credit for the below masterpiece? either Farida or Jason, I'm not sure which. C'mon, one of you. Step right up and own up to your treasure.


1 comment:

  1. Oh and you think that's so bad. Devin and Darren love to put themselves in the background of other people taking pictures. That wouldn't be so bad but they always have their fingers in their noses and goofy looks on their faces. I think I'm getting a great picture of Carisa only to find the two of them in the background. It's got to be a guy thing... for the most part. Sorry Nas.

    ReplyDelete