Tuesday, November 17, 2009

It's a Miracle!

She may not believe it, but Pam has crossed my mind many times over the years.

Pam was one of the employees at the TV repair business Abid and I owned in Costa Mesa. From the moment she started working for us, she and I developed a special bond. We spent a lot of hours laughing and a not a few in tears, as well. We just seemed to hit it off. Through what had to be some of the darkest years of my life, she was there to make things a lot brighter. When she quit, I completely understood her reasons. I missed her terribly, but she'd made the best decision she could under the circumstances, and I accepted that. Over the years we had other employees, but none of them ever came close to being "family," as Pam was.

We've never spoken since that day, but Pam's never been out of my thoughts. At times certain things would trigger a memory--such as seeing a car that looked like the huge boat she drove at the time I knew her.

When I got to a point in life where contacting her would have been a possibility, I had no idea where to start. Didn't know where she was living or what she was doing. Had no idea of her last name or how to begin to search for her. I figured she was gone forever from my reality.

Ten days ago I got this message on Facebook:

      Hi, Judi,

      This is Pam. I used to work for you. How are you and the kids doing?
      You taught me how to use my first computer. I got a little better since then but not much. Let me know if       this finds you well.

To say I was surprised doesn't begin to cut it.


Next week I'm traveling to Orange County to participate in a convention for ECCO. At the same time I'm going to get to spend some quality hours with Nasreen.

I'm also hoping to reconnect in person with both Pam and my high-school friends, Betty and Lowell. They, too, popped up on Facebook earlier this year.

Who says miracles don't happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment