Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sloth--Not!!

For those of you who think that I've just been kicking back enjoying my leisure time . . . THINK AGAIN!

As I alluded to in my last post, I have become addicted to Photoshop, of all things. Since that post, I've spent an inordinate amount of time playing with the powerful features the program possesses. Of course I haven't even scratched the surface, but at least now I have a rudimentary understanding of both layers and actions. It's not an exaggeration that several evenings now have lasted until 2:00 or 3:00 a.m. because I've become so involved in learning "just one more" facet of the program. (Can you say obsession?)


Even more important than that, I have been gifted with the opportunity to spend some real quality one-on-one time with favorite grandson Hunter. He and I played at the park on Friday while Farida went to get a TB test--and we had a great time.

Yesterday I got to pick Hunter up from school, and we hung out at his house while Farida and Jason attended to Farida's first paying photography assignment. Those of you who remember how gifted Farida's photography was way back when she was in high school--and way-too-conservative mom offered her insights into how difficult it would be to make a living being a professional photographer--will understand the monumental step this is.

Time, circumstances and Farida's own talents have perfectly positioned her to recapture those dreams..


Years later she's rekindled her photographic passion and is setting about to make it pay off. (YES, Farida, you can say "I told you so!")

You go, girl! You have the eye, you have the passion, you have the talent and you are gaining skill by leaps and bounds. Leap for all you can achieve!


(Obviously "passion" is a big deal to me this morning, having used the word abundantly.)

Farida, any time you need an Ani to try to entertain Hunter, just ask!)

By the way, Jason, too, is an excellent photographer, so they really make a great team. I can see Hunter, too, getting into the "family business" as he grows. It's exciting to see all the opportunities coming their way.


Love to everyone! More soon.










1 comment:

  1. Sloth - Yes!!!!!!!!!!!! You better have a good excuse for neglecting your faithful readers. Hope it's connected with something wild and silly. Love, meeeeeeeeeeee

    ReplyDelete