Thursday, October 15, 2009

Confession is Good for The Soul

I confess. I haven't been blogging because I have been "playing."

With Photoshop and Photoshop Elements.

I'm not often intimidated by computer software, but Adobe programs are so intensive that they really have a long learning curve. Up to now I've learned the bare minimum to do what I need to but not really using anything like the real capabilities of the programs.


Because of my new passion for photography, I've been following several photographers whose work I really admire. What a blessing that G. Dan Mitchell just happened to post a brief "tutorial" on making frames for online photos. That's something I'd asked daughter Farida about, but she didn't really give me a lot of help, probably because no one has ever shown her the tricks--or because she's never been interested.

After reading Dan's blog post, I screwed up my courage and decided to give it a try. It worked! In the process I learned a lot more about layers in Photoshop and Elements, which is an essential part of using the power Photoshop is famous for. Now I'm addicted and can't wait to learn about other features I've been avoiding.



It feels sooooo good to reach even a small Photoshop summit! Thanks, Dan, for the inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment