Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Godspeed, Grammy

It's really hard to believe she's gone.

Too soon. Much too soon.

Grammy is Louise Wiberg, my son-in-law's grandmother. Until just a month ago, she was a vibrant 89-year-old with a major birthday party in her future to celebrate her 90th decade. I wasn't lucky enough to know Grammy that well, or her husband, Harold (O'Dad), but I consider myself fortunate to have known them at all.

Several holidays were spent in their company either at their home in Irvine or at the home of Jason's folks in Trabuco Canyon, and those are very special memories that will be treasured forever.

Grammy passed away in the early morning hours of July 20 after a short but turbulent battle with a recurrence of cancer.

My heart and my condolences go out to O'Dad, Spike, Hal and the rest of the Wiberg clan.

No comments:

Post a Comment